Still Parents – an online week long creative writing workshop for Baby Loss Awareness Week. Please find details here.
My next physical, in the flesh workshop is on 12th October and the beautiful Woodend Creative, it’s just £15 for the two hour, prompt based poetry workshop. See a flier for it here and the Facebook events page is here.
The next MONTH LONG ONLINE course will start October 1st. It’s called Season of Mists.
How the Course Works
The course will last the full month of October, with a daily prompt, weekly notes and poems, fiction extracts, creative non fiction extracts, videos, talks, links and other relevant material included as examples of the themes we’ll be covering, all of which is delivered directly to your email inbox. There’s also a closed facebook page where course attendees can share their work. The whole thing is moderated by myself and I interact with the group on a daily basis.
Who the Course is Aimed at
The course is aimed at beginners through to established writers, there’s something for everyone. We’ll be working in poetry, creative non fiction and fiction. Whilst you are encouraged to push out of your comfort zone, you don’t have to write in all forms if you don’t want to.
The No Pressure Style
This is a no pressure course in which you do not have to produce anything, nor do you have to comment or even join the FB page. It is much more important to me that you relax and enjoy the course, enjoy the prompts and enjoy engaging with the themes.
Sounds good doesn’t it! I’m really looking forward to having you on board.
Don’t forget, you can sponsor a place on the course for an underprivileged writer. It’s not going to change the world, but it will make a difference to someone’s month. Here’s what one of the previous sponsors had to say:
“I am not by any means well off however when I was out of work in 2016 it was the kindness of others who supported me and my passion of writing. By me now working full time again sponsoring anonymously someone else who is struggling financially made me feel like I was creating a room to grow for a writer which we all need. Wendy is also for me one of the bravest and talented writers active in the UK and as she has not lost sight of her working class roots how can anyone else look away if they can spend £20 on a sponsored place it makes so much difference to someone”
Why I have given the option to pay more
Sponsored Place –
YOU CAN SPONSOR A PLACE
To Sign Up
- Go to PayPal and make a payment according to the payment according to the payment tier you have chosen to email@example.com Please add a note containing the email address you wish the course prompts to come to. Please also comment if you are sponsoring a place. Please do let me know if paypal isn’t an option for you and we’ll sort something out.
- I will send a brief welcome letter to that address to make sure the address works, this will also contain a link to the closed Facebook group, so don’t panic if you can’t find it on facebook.
- Request to join the Facebook group. If you can’t find it, or there are any problems, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get it all sorted out before September starts.
- That’s it. It should be quite straight forward, but again, let me know if you have any questions or are experiencing any problems and I’ll endeavour to get it all sorted.
- Everything will arrive via email.
Spaces are limited so please book as early as possible.